Chinese Name: 國家科學院基輔科學大學
English Name: Kyiv Academic University
Ukrainian Name: Київський Академічний Університет
Address: Kiev, Ukraine
- Department of Biophysics and Molecular Physiology
- Department of Applied Physics and Nanomaterials
- Department of Theoretical Cybernetics and Methods of Optimal Control
- Department of Fundamental Problems of General and Applied Physics
- Department of Applied Physics and Materials Science
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Theoretical and Mathematical Physics
Scientific research is the main activity of KAU. The main principles of KAU educational system are learning by doing research and individual approach. This is realized through the specialized KAU departments, which are the joint educational units of KAU and basic academic institutes. Each student is immediately assigned to a scientific supervisor, an active working scientist of the basic institute, who provides support for the study and supervises the student's research work.
Major scientific research centers of KAU
- Ukrainian-German Excellence Center
- Data Schience Center
- Quantum Materials and Quantum Technologies
- Laboratory of electronic instruments
- Innovation Center
Cooperation between RICEC & KAU
- Mutual exchange of students (including Masters and PhD).
- Mutual exchange and training of teachers.
- Joint work on:
a). training and teaching of Master and PhD students
b). creation and development of related (to KAU specialization) bachelor programs.
- Securing mutual research activities and competitors training in the framework of working on doctoral and PhD theses.
- Conducting of research and introduction of their results.
- Organizing, carrying out, and participating in symposiums, workshops, conferences, educational olympiades, schools, camps, seminars etc.
- The two parties shall make a statement of cooperation and publicity on their respective official websites.
- Exchanging of experience, educational-methodical materials, documentation and information on the University’s specialties.
- Mutual participation in search of larger numbers of scientific contacts and partners.
- The distance learning program.
Student distance learning plan: with the advancement of internationalization and the development of technology, distance is no longer an obstacle for students to contact the school. Through the distance learning program, RICEC will bring KAU courses to various provinces in China.
- Short-term program.
According to the actual needs of students from various countries, both parties shall cooperate to carry out winter and summer schools, educational olympiades and summer camp activities. Relying on KAU's excellent faculty, high-level laboratories, and rich experience in international academic activities, RICEC brings students from different countries to KAU for further study (with credits), laboratory practice activities, academic seminars, and popular science activities.
- University-Enterprise cooperation.
On the road of cooperative development, market-oriented operation mechanisms and like-minded partners needed, RICEC will move forward with KAU, especially in the areas of University-Enterprise cooperation and Scientific Research Transformation. RICEC will conduct market promotion for KAU according to the actual needs and development of KAU. RICEC shall introduce like-minded collaborators and inject force into the development of KAU.
- RICEC and KAU develop a comprehensive partnership. RICEC, as KAU's exclusive official office in China, will promote KAU and engage in admissions work, sending students to KAU every year. All operational costs in China during this period are covered by RICEC. In Ukraine, RICEC directly provides services to students of KAU on the exchange, study abroad, graduate school and vocational training in China, Taiwan, and the USA.
- Joint creation of International Cooperation and Research Center.
KAU and RICEC co-founded the International Cooperation and Research Center. The Center assists in research, helps with inventions implementation, and provides services for international cooperation, supports international academic exchanges, international and local scholars as its content. The Center is responsible for managing international students as well. The central office is set up at KAU and is jointly operated by RICEC and KAU. RICEC is responsible for daily operations. Regular academic seminars and related activities are held together.
International Cooperation and Research Center Responsibilities
- Fully responsible for the promotion of KAU in Asia and the USA, explanation of admission policies and overseas admissions (student enrollment).
- Full responsibility for designing international student programs for KAU.
- Establish sister schools for KAU and expand overseas student and academic resources.
- Report regularly to the principal of KAU and the board of directors. Subject to the requirements of International law and Ukrainian law and school programs, each project will be sent to the KAU for approval, and then issued by the KAU International Cooperation and Research Center to the project applicant.
- The Head of RICEC, Dr. Yuntao Liu, is the Head of the International Cooperation and Research Center. He has full responsibility for the work of the center and will report to the KAU principal and board of directors on the annual work plan, implementation status and next year work plan.
- Establish KAU schools' exclusive admissions offices in RICEC's offices in Mainland China, Taiwan and Ukraine, as KAU overseas operation centers. Operational expenses, staff salaries, and publicity expenses are all covered by RICEC offices.
- Set up the International Student Management Center Office in KAU as the International Student Affairs Management Service Center. Provide consultation and assistance to international students in study, life, future development, document application, and certificate processing; provide inquiry and reception services to international students’ parents. KAU provides office space, office equipment and daily maintenance management. RICEC provides staff in the department, their office expenses, and daily operation and maintenance.